Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Imperfections

The other day I was just thinkin about some stuff. Random stuff, really. And I just thought about how all the time I say that a whole buncha things are wrong with me, and if only I could do this better, or if I looked a little better blah blah blah,etc. etc. etc. And then I realized I wasnt meant to be perfect and that even if I was, perfection would be so boring, because there'd be nothing about me that was interesting. It would just be the same old stuff, every single day.Blah. Anyways, I decided that I would not be the person I am without my flaws and so I wrote a poem about it, and I basically come to grips with all of the flaws that I have. 17 years in the making. Took me this long to realize that our flaws and imperfections make us the people we are today, and for some that may be bad, but for me it's actually okay.

Imperfections

Nobody's perfect, that's what they say

But, sometimes, I feel that nothing's perfect about me

Imperfect

But, then, I'm amazed by my flaws

Happy that I'm not perfect

Perfection, what is it?

What does it look like?

Does anybody really know?

It's a question I ask myself everyday

But, then, I look in the mirror

And I'm in love with what I see

Who needs perfection when perfection is boring?

I'm imperfect

Perfectly imperfect

Absolutely in love with me

I love me, flaws and all

Everything about me is beautiful

My flaws are exceptional

My imperfections are wonderful

Why do I need perfection...?

When everything I need...Everything I want

is found in myself

and my imperfections.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment